Find it...

12.9.11


" It was male then that acted. But only the female had the metis, the intelligence that preordains action in the silence of the mind." pg 202
This section of the book lets the reader in on the fact that the women helped the gods get their revenge on each other. Not only do I find this rather entertaining, but I think it's funny that it is still the truth. Women have always been behind all the great ones. One o my favorite quotes in the movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" is "The man may be the head of the house, but the woman is the neck, and she can turn the head however she wants!" Another is "Behind every great man is an even better woman." For centuries women were considered below the man, that might have been true, however I think that women have always been the ones who have helped make the great men. Needless to say i think it is great that even the goddesses helped the gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment